Thursday, October 7, 2010

Social Network Overload!!!!!

Facebook, Twitter, Linked In, Youtube, Skype, and now Oovoo!

One by one, another social networking site is created and is the latest trend in the American culture. Even for someone of my generation, (which I consider to be pretty young) keeping up with all of these internet sites is becoming more & more difficult. These are not even including the several email accounts that I constantly monitor: Aim, Gmail, & MS Outlook.

So until last week, I have never heard of an "Oovoo", which my brother happened to mention on Facebook... or was it Skype? Anywho, I was initially reluctant to create yet another account for a social network. However, as a business major, I've been taught the importance of keeping up with emerging trends; therefore, I've found myself submitting to another internet site that does something very similar to what I already have.

Oovoo, apparently is Video Chat service which is the same exact thing as Skype. However, I think Oovoo differs in that it has the capability of video conferencing, which allows users to basically conduct a multiple chat video call. Whoopdeedoo! Why can't the people just wait until Skype upgrades.

I conclude this blog with a simple sigh (siiiigh) Now on to create my Oovoo account....my life!

0 comments:

Post a Comment